In the midst of late night planning sessions and early morning panic sessions, I am fortunate every once in a blue moon to take a break. This time, it was with the amazing Jewel Figueras at one of her secret society dinners. Her list of guests was amazing to say the very least.
It was an inspiring night of fine dining and networking. We all met at Roho Kitchen where Chef Jorge prepared a three course meal that was life changing- like literally I am not the same person that I use to be and we discussed everything from Scandal to the Miami social scene.
Upon walking into the culinary gem (Roho Kitchen), dinner guests were greeted with a signature cocktail for the evening, which was cleverly named- "The Jewel." While the final preparations for the three course meal were carried out, we snacked on tasty hor d'oeuvres paired with "The Jewel" for those who drink and soda for those who don't drink. The delicious bites consisted of:
1. Smoked salmon mousse with a cucumber radish salad on crostini
2. Vegetable spring roll with sweet chill sauce
Our three-course-meal consisted of:
1. A salad of poached asparagus, prosciutto, brioche, tomato confit with truffle lemon viniagrette.
2. Chicken florentine- cutlet stuffed with spinach, provolone, carmelized onions and lemon caper sauce with warm polenta cakes, roasted peppers, and herbs
3. Lastly, dessert was a chocolate coffee cake, Guinness caramel sauce, vanilla bean ice cream, and raspberries
It was the break that I needed. It is always a wonderful experience to hang out with Jewel and her friends.