Currently Reading
























I enjoy reading two things at a time. I am only a fan of this when the genres are completely separate. I am currently reading these two books:

Jay- Z Decoded:
The book is a biography about the lyrical genius that also offers a unique insight to his lyrics, which has been the subject of controversy for quite sometime. I have started reading it and so far it is an amazing read. It reads beautifully. I am not sure if Jay had a ghost writer but to be quite honest I don't care, but I do want to believe that he wrote these beautiful lines by hand. It's possible it's Jay!

"Marcy Houses were like tunnels we kids burrowed through. Housing projects can seem like labyrinths to outsiders, as complicated and intimidating as a Moroccan bazaar. But we knew our way around," (Page 1 of Decoded)





Nefertiti by Michelle Moran





























I just bought this book at Target a few minutes ago. I can admit that I have a problem when it comes to Target. I must and always will buy something. My poison of choice is books. Say what you want, Target has the best books and I think I just purchased one of them. I am excited!

This book description came from Amazon.com

This fictionalized life of the notorious queen is told from the point of view of her younger sister, Mutnodjmet. In 1351 B.C., Prince Amunhotep secretly kills his older brother and becomes next in line to Egypt's throne: he's 17, and the 15-year-old Nefertiti soon becomes his chief wife. He already has a wife, but Kiya's blood is not as royal, nor is she as bewitching as Nefertiti. As Mutnodjmet, two years younger than her sister, looks on (and falls in love), Amunhotep and the equally ambitious Nefertiti worship a different main god, displace the priests who control Egypt's wealth and begin building a city that boasts the royal likenesses chiseled in stone. Things get tense when Kiya has sons and the popular Nefertiti has only daughters, and they come to a boil when the army is used to build temples to the pharaoh and his queen instead of protecting Egypt's borders. Though sometimes big events are telegraphed, Moran, who lives in California and is making her U.S. debut, gets the details just right, and there are still plenty of surprises in an epic that brings an ancient world to life. (July)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment