OMG Beyonce




Howdy again folks,
So I have a new find the site is called Beauty is Diverse and I found out about it on, you guessed it Fashion Bomb Daily. There has been some controversy (very bad word in journalism) about the photos from this spread. Beyonce was accused of doing black face for this photo shoot. What do you think? Is it black face? Is it offensive?

Black face was a very offensive genre to the black community at one point. Historically it was often practiced by people who were not of African American decent for performances. I think the pictures are beautiful and I really love the cover.

Just a thought,
XOXO

7 comments:

Noone said...

Let me start off by saying I LOVE beyonce. She's one of my idols.

I understand that blackface has a lot of bad history behind it, but her dark face actually looks so gorgeous on that spread - if anything, I think it's showing that even dark dark skin (as opposed to beyonce's creamier complexion) can be beautiful as well.

Muuahhh! said...

I don't really find this offensive. I actually thought is was depicting black beauty in various shades.There are so many gorgeous dark skin african women who don't have the pleasure of seeing beautiful images of themselves.Beyonc'e seems to be connecting with her dark skin sisters here and I love it!To me the photos are gorgeous but I guess it means different things to different people. CHECKOUT MY NEW POST !

Mbabazi said...

i like this untill the point where they blackened her face.Also considering that it is the african roots issue. they could have found someone from africa who has found international acclaim and represented africa. iman, alek.there are several.but then again i guess they are trying to sell mags.see this link

Anonymous said...

love beyonce.))
her songs so good.))*


your blog amazing.))*

Like Mousse Au Chocolat said...

Thank you bee for this amazing pics...

FASHION STATE OF MIND said...

Oh; I'm loving this!

Anonymous said...

Love the article. She look great. Thank you for covering this piece.

Post a Comment